Terms of Service - Section 4: Reimbursement
- All issues of reimbursement for lost or damaged orders are handled by the HSA Managers.
- In the case of a lost item, customers must provide a description that includes, but is not limited to, the item’s color, design, age, quality, and texture.
- In the case of a lost item, customers must provide proof that the item exists, is theirs, and was included in their order (The HSA Managers at their sole discretion shall determine whether such proof is sufficient).
- With the description in mind, the HSA Staff will take at most 10 business days to look for the lost item.
- If the lost item is not found by the end of the search, the customer will be issued a reimbursement.
- In the case of a damaged item, customers must provide proof that the given order was not damaged before having been sent in to the HSA Cleaners (The HSA Managers shall determine whether such proof is sufficient)
- The HSA Managers will then consult with Boston Laundry Inc. to determine the reason for the damage on the item and the amount of reimbursement (Boston Laundry, Inc. has decades of experience in these types of matters).
- If reimbursement is the only course of action, the amount will be determined by the original value of the clothing minus depreciation.
- The HSA Managers will follow the Fair Claims Policy from the International Fabricare Institute to determine the total amount of reimbursement (such policy is recognized by dry cleaners and laundry services world-wide). This policy takes into account the average life of the garment, depreciation for the age of the item and the current replacement cost. (copies of such policy are available for customers to see).
- Laundry bag refunds carry a $40 dollar cancellation fee, and the rest of the refund is pro-rated to the date of discontinuation (Laundry bags must be returned upon discontinuation).
- The entire reimbursement process should take no more than 20 business days.
- If an order is considered to be “damaged,” as defined in Section 1, and a customer is reimbursed, then the damaged order will remain in the possession of the HSA Cleaners.
- Store credit will not be refunded in cash until 90% or more of the funds are used pursuant to Massachusetts General Law Chapter 200A §5D.
- Laundry bag plans cannot be refunded after 5 weeks of initial purchase.
- Delivery plans cannot be refunded after 5 weeks of initial purchase (service can be discontinued, but pro-rated funds will not be given)
- The maximum amount of reimbursement per item in a laundry bag is $75.
- The maximum amount of reimbursement for an entire laundry bag shall be determined by the HSA Managers.
- The maximum amount of reimbursement per item in a wash dry fold order is $75.
- The maximum amount of reimbursement per item in a dry cleaning order is $200.
- The maximum amount of reimbursement per item in a launder and press order is $100.
- It is recommended that especially delicate items be dry cleaned or laundered and pressed individually, instead of being placed into a wash, dry, fold order or laundry bag.
- Customers are expected to be aware of the aforementioned limits on refunds.